Ihedioha Should Stop Wasting Imo’s Money In An Attempt To Prolong His Illegal Stay In Imo Government House
Earlier today, some paid hands of the Ihedioha administration, went wild in excitement over reports that a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has nullified the candidature of His Excellency Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, as the governorship candidate of the Action Alliance (AA), in the March 9th, 2019, governorship election in Imo State. Following inquiries from anxious supporters of our youthful candidate and disheartened non-partisans who fear that their only hope of being rescued from the outrageous mal-governance happening in Imo State, may have been affected by this judgement, we wish to stay as follows:
- But for the desperation of a known usurper to prolong his illegal stay in the Imo State Government House, there would not have been any further attempt to disturb and possibly discredit the judiciary with such frivolous petitions, as the Supreme Court, being the highest court in the land, had already rested every matter concerning the candidacy of His Excellency Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, and affirmed him duly nominated.
- That His Excellency Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, even though, he sought to, was never at any time, the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, as his name was never forwarded to the Independent National Electoral Commission, nor published by the Electoral Commission as a candidate of the APC.
- That the only Party whose candidate he was and still is, for the 2019 general elections, is the Action Alliance (AA). Therefore, the issue of double nomination does not arise.
- That the National Chairman of the Action People’s Party lacks the locus to institute this matter in the first place, and that the issue under review is already statute barred, as it was filed outside the 14 days stipulated by Section 285(9) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (As Amended).
- That the honorable Justice Inyang Ekwo was misled by the plaintiff to enter this erroneous judgement, and His Excellency Ugwumba Uche Nwosu has instructed his lawyers to immediately proceed on Appeal.
- That while the recorded plaintiff in this matter is a certain Michael Ikeagwuonu, alias, Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere, we know that the real plaintiff is sitting cool on Imo funds with which he goes on many wild goose chases in a desperate, but ridiculous attempt to prolong the illegality of his present position, and if possible, override clear-cut Constitutional requirements.
- That we further request the pro tem governor of Imo State, His Excellency Rt Hon Emeka Ihedioha to desist from squandering Imo’s funds in attempts to obtain easy escape from the hovering Constitutional hammer, and rather deploy the huge sum of money, available to him, to tackle issues of governance.
Finally, we encourage our teeming supporters and all Imolites to remain unshaken in their faith for a working government, led by the man they overwhelmingly voted for in the last election, His Excellency Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, as their desire may be delayed, but never denied.
Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
Director, Media and Publicity
Ugwumba Uche Nwosu Campaign Organization.
19th August, 2019.