The attention of the plateau state football association has been drawn to a publication on social media by faceless persons calling on the plateau state Government, FIFA, and NFF to intervene on a pending football matter.
The plateau state football association and statutory stakeholders in the state after an emergency meeting held on the 5th of August 2020 at the FA Secretariat Jos.
Deliberated on this publication and viewed it not only as malicious but a calculated attempt to destabilize football activities on the Plateau.
It also considers the perpetrators of such publication as persons ignorant of the NFF statute and that of PFA.
Consequently. The plateau football association and its statutory stakeholders after an emergency meeting resolved as follows.
1) That there was an extraordinary Congress convened at the Miango Rest Home on the 2nd June 2019 according to the FIFA and NFF statute where NFF the football regulatory body sent in Representatives.
2) The stakeholders viewed with great concern the activities of the media officer of plateau united FC Mr. Albert Dakup who brought this unwarranted publication to the public domain as uncalled for considering the fact that he is the deputy chairman of Bokkos Local FA. It then translates to literally mean he is a beneficiary and product of the said manipulated election.
3) That there was a unanimous resolution and adaption of the current board led by Sunday Samson Longbap owing to current football development and progresses witnessed in the state and coupled with the lingering court case extended for four (4) years tenure to the board. This resolution is powered NFF statute and was duly endorsed by the representatives of the NFF present.
4) That the football Association is open freedom for any person to associate within respective of any employment or engagement anywhere.
5) That there exists a standing Audit committee in the Association that has never indicted the PFA of corrupt charges or any Court of law, judgment against any official of the PFA. Nonetheless, the meeting called on anybody who ever feels aggrieved should come forward for a reasonable decision and resolution of any issues with regards to football development in the state as our door is always open.
6) That the plateau football Association cannot be divorced from celebrating the successes of Plateau united FC and the promotion of other teams at various levels of Nigeria football generally.
The facts speak for it.
7) That the statutory football stakeholders on the plateau today the 5th of August 2020 passed a vote of confidence on the Sunday Samson Longbap led board.
The statement adds that Sunday Longbap has demonstrated himself in the discharged of his duty with patriotism, dynamism, and Leadership quality to justify the trust bestowed on him by the Plateau football lovers.