I know the following facts about your Excellency;
You are an incorruptible man.
You have sincerity of heart to govern this country Nigeria.
It is a fact you were in office as Head of States between December 31, 1983 and August 27, 1985.
In conjunction with your then Deputy Tunde Idiagbon,you made an organized and disciplined living possible in Nigeria.
The economy of Nigeria and all sectors under your regime made excellent and tremendous improvement. This is a fact. It is a known truth that it was since after your regime that the value of naira was lost. A check on the history of our naira under your regime indicates a dollar was exchanged at the following rates 1983. 0.724, 1984. 0.765, 1985. 0.894 (1.70 PM), but since after that, we can’t find our naira again.
It is also on record that your regime as the Federal Commissioner for Petroleum and Natural Resources between March 1976 and June 1978 witnessed the construction and commissioning of two out of the four refineries we have in Nigeria. They are Warri and Kaduna and their operations were immediately.
In an Interview granted to Waheed Bakare and Allwell Okpi of Punch Newspaper, on the 25 of August, 2013 Col. Nyiam informed Nigerians that the initiators of the coup that brought you in as Head of States, was Gen. Ibrahim Bako and Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida. They introduced you to Nigerians because they wanted a credible figure as a face. Col. Nyiam further told us that you did not know the genesis of that coup. We believe him.
Research has shown that you were the only Head of States that never promoted yourself till you were toppled.
People mistake you for an extremist and fundamentalist. This is not true from my own understanding. The examples are numerous. First, Nigerian membership of Organization of Islamic Community was in 1986 and this was under Ibrahim Babangida regime. Organization of Islamic Community has been in existence since September 25th 1969. It is a fact. You are a religious tolerant that was why you did not take us to the OIC.
Second, the recent act of staying in the Catholic church for the burial ceremony of Sir Martin Agwu Ohadiugha, the father in-law to Chief Ikechi Emenike, a chieftain of All Progressive Congress (APC) in Umuahia Diocese, Abia State where even His Lordship, Rev. Lucius Ugorji, hailed you for the religious tolerance which he said is a unifying factor for all people.
Let it be clear that, those who sponsor such propaganda are ones wasting tax payers fund, taking embezzlers and economic saboteurs to Jerusalem for only God knows kind of pretentious prayers and pilgrimage. Only if Nigerians will just be objective to ascertain who is the religious fanatic or extremist.
At 80, you are not too old to rule the country. But you are 71 years old and will be 72 by December 17th, 2014. You are not old. This can be confirmed by the following world leaders;
1. Giorgio Napolitano President of Italy since 2006, born on 29th of June 1925.
2. Shimon Peres President of Israel since 2007, born in August 1923 90 years.
3. Robert Mugabe President of Zimbabwe since 1987 and was born on the 21st of February 1924 ie 89 years old.
4. Abdullah was born on the 1st of August 1924 and is 89 years. He has been the King of Saudi Arabia since 2005.
5. Girma Wolde-Giorgis born on the 8th of December 1924, currently 88 years old, and has been the President of Ethiopia since 2001.
6. Queen Elizabeth II of England came to the world on the 21 of April 1926 and she is 87 years old, Queen of England/Britain and 15 other countries under the UK. She has been there since 1952.
7. Abdul Halim of Kedah was born on the 28th of November 1927, and will soon clock 86 years. He serves as “Yang di-Pertuan Agong” of Malaysia, and this has been since 2011.
8. Bhumibol Adulyadej was born on the 5th December 1927. He is 85 years old, and the King of Thailand since 1946.
9. Arthur Foulkes came into the world on the 11th of May 1928 and is currently 85 years, and has been serving as the Governor-General of the Bahamas since 2010.
10. Manmohan Singh born 26 September 1932 is the 13th and current Prime Minister of India. He assumed office in May 22, 2004.
Your Excellency, these are facts and figure within my personal knowledge not the knowledge of all Nigeria youths. There has been a damage to your image.
Truth be told, Your Excellency, the youths of Nigerian do not know who you are. They see you in one quarter as a rebel and in another quarter, as an extremist and fundamentalist. This no doubt to people like me is fallacious. But there are very few of us.
No doubt Your Excellency will be wondering why and how I am convinced that the youth do not fancy Your Excellency. I will tell you Sir.
I have personally conducted thorough search to find out the possible take of the Nigerian youth on the person of Your Excellency. It is no longer a new story to say that at least 70% of Nigerians within the age range of 19-40 have facebook and tweeter accounts. Surprisingly therefore, this is what I got from the search I conducted.
Tweeter Account on Major General Buhari= 348 as at 11pm on 19th of October, 2013, and as at 6:30pm of the 20th of October, 2013 Your Excellency had 349 ie an average of 1 fan every 24 hours.
I also checked the accounts of few other politicians;
1. Atiku Abubakar= 64141 at 11pm on 19th of October, 2013, and at about 11:15pm it hit 64147, then when I checked back on the 20th of October, 2013 by 6:30pm, it has hit 65,004. That means at least 2 fans every minute.
2. Nuhu Ribadu = 88984, on the 20th of October, 2013 about 6:30pm it was 89,279. Average of 2 fans every minute.
3. El Rufai = 218561, on the 20th of October, 2013. At about 6:30pm it was 218,885 making it an avage of 3 fans every minute.
On facebook account as at 21st of October 2013, Your excellency had only 1,499 fans, Atiku Abubakar has two facebook accounts, the first has 171,221 fans while the other has 16,551 fans. Nuhu Ribadu has 233,340 fans, while Elrufai has 243,730 fans.
As at 28th of October 2013, On facebook; your Excellency had 1660 fans. Atiku had 179,633 fans. Nuhu has 233,554 fans. While El Rufai had 245,715.
On Tweeter, Your Excellency has 357 fans, Atiku has 74, 600+, El Rufai has 222,500+ while Nuhu has 91,900+
After a while, I decided to check back at 9:00am on 6th of March, 2014. The following are the summary of what I got;
1. Your Excellency’s fans stood at 571 from 357 as at 28th of October 2013. Just 200+ fans within 4 months.
2. 123,357 fans were following Nuhu Ribadu whereas as at 28th of October 2013 it was 91,900+. This implies over 30,000 fans within 4 months.
3. On the side of El-Rufai, he has 274,783 fans following him thereby an increase from 222,500 on 28th of October 2013. Also over 50,000 fans within 4 months.
4. While Atiku Abubakar has 107,554 as fans following him on tweeter an increase from 74,600. Meaning more than 30,000 fans within 4 months.
1. Your Excellency increased from from 1660 in 28th of October to 3,067 fans less than 1500 fans within 4 months.
2. Mallam Nuhu Ribadu increased from 233,554 in 28th of October to 240,926 fans. This means more than 7000 fans within 4 months.
3. While Mallam El-Rufai increased from 245, 715 to 308,845 fans. This is more than 50000 fans just under 4 months.
The progression speaks for itself. I want to save the calculation because its a terrific margin.
These are facts.
Before I conclude, I want to say few things. First, a discovery on whom a fan is says that a fan is an admirer or an aficionado. I wonder how the votes will come when I am not admired.
Simply put, Your Excellency should do something about his personality among the youths, as they make up the bulk of the Nigerian Population.
For instance, Atiku Abubakar once used the medium of Scholarship to draw the Nigerian Students close. Whether these young ones are up to age to vote or not or will be by 2015 or not, they also have elderly siblings that can be influenced by the love shown to their younger ones.
The youth are going to polls by 2015, I advise if Your Excellency believes in free and fair election come 2015, let something be done about my humble advise.
Accept my continued Support.
CJP Ogugbara (A detribalized Nigerian).