Speech Delivered By The Inspector-General Of Police Mr. Solomon E. Arase Fdc, Npm On The Occasion Of Balloting For Allocation Of Nigeria Police Force Pre/Post Retirement Housing Scheme
It is with deep sense of gratitude and fulfillment that I stand before you today on this auspicious and ground-breaking occasion as the Nigeria Police Force for the first time ever ballot for the allocation of Pre/Post retirement Housing Scheme.
- On assumption of duty as the Inspector-General of Police, the Mandate to lead a virile focused, disciplined and corrupt-free Police personnel was one of my main aims. The herculean task of achieving this mission was presented before the Force Management Team for consideration. At the end of painstaking deliberations, it became glaring that one of the best tools in achieving this onerous task was to fathom a way of motivating personnel of the Force by ensuring that every member of the Nigeria Police Force had a means of owning a home at any place of choice in Nigeria. This is premised on our fervent belief that the desire to own a home is paramount in the heart of every Police personnel and the urge to fulfill this natural necessity remains at the heart of corruption in the Force.
- In order to make this dream a reality, the Nigeria Police Force Property Development and Construction Company Limited (NPDSCC) was established under the current Force Leadership. The Company is saddled with the responsibility of actualizing this dream for the Force. Presently, one hundred (100) Units of two (2) bedroom bungalow semi-detached houses with infrastructure have been constructed at four (4) locations namely: Benin, Enugu, Katsina and Yolarespectively. It is this total of Four Hundred (400) Units of houses we are balloting for today.
- This first batch of buildings is specifically built for the Inspector and Rank and File cadres of the Force. These categories of Police officers form the largest chunk of our workforce and regrettably live below the welfare line. Hence their welfare is paramount and it is for this reason we are kick staring the scheme with them.
- I want to assure you that this scheme is already in the process of being replicated in all States of the Federation including Federal Capital, Abuja and that all other categories of Police Officers shall be accommodated. The modalities for payment of the houses by off takers is being fine-tuned by the Nigeria Police Mortgage bank Plc in collaboration with other relevant stakeholders to ensure that payment made by beneficiaries is done with absolute ease.
- I therefore call on all Police Officers and Men seeking to key into this housing scheme to be rest assured that every personnel will be accommodated in the shortest possible time as this is just the beginning of our modest effort at ensuring that every applicant to the scheme is accorded unfettered access to decent and affordable houses.
- I congratulate all would be successful subscribers in the ballot today and hereby reiterate that the exercise is a continuous one.For those who may not qualify today, they shall not despair. They shall definitely get a chance next time.
- Distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen, I thank you most sincerely for your attention. May Almighty God bless you all.