Jigawa Police Arrest 2 KEDCO Official For Negligence While On Duty That Led To The Loss 2-Year-Old Boy
Umar Akilu Majeri
The Jigawa State Police Command arrested two technical staff of Kano Electricity Distribution, KEDCO for negligence while on duty which led to the loss of a one-year-old boy in Bokkwato quarters of Dutse local government area of Jigawa state.
The public relation officer of the Jigawa State Police Command SP Audu Jinjiri who confirmed the story said that the two KEDCO official was invited by the police and all of them tendered their statements before the police.
The two-year-old boy Yahaya Salihu who was electrocuted at Bokkwato quarters in Dutse local government area died instantly after touching a naked wire.
Our reporter gathered that the incident happened on Sunday at about 12:45 pm after a heavy downpour which caused the falling of an electric poles.in the area.
The father of the deceased Malam Yahaya revealed that at about 12:45hrs his son Yahaya Salihu mistakenly matched on a naked electric cable wire which fell near his house as a result of the heavy downpour and this caused his death.
The father also accused the KEDCO officials of their attitudes in delaying the repair of the cable after several reports made by the residents of the area.
Yahaya said the cables were parked in front of his house by the KEDCO officials and was marched by the deceased.
The police spokesman SP Abdu Jinjiri confirmed the incident to our reporter who spoke to him on phone.
He said police visited the scene after the incident and rushed the victim to the hospital where he was confirmed dead by a medical doctor.
Jinjiri said the KEDCO officials who carried out the exercise has answered the police invitation and gave their statement and the police are still working on it to find out the genesis of the matter.