How Armed Men Attacked Enugu Government House, One Person Killed, Three Others Injured

0 1
Subscribe to our newsletter
Pandemonium broke out in Enugu when no fewer than 50 armed men stormed the the Enugu Government House, that attack according the Chief Security officer to the Governor, Mr. Fidelis Ogarabe took place around 4:30 am today.
Speaking to Newsmen in Enugu on Saturday, Ogarabe said armed men struck at the Government House around 4.30 a.m. and attempted to force their way into the premises.
According to him, one person was killed and three others were left injured.
Speaking further he said; “I left the Government House at about 2.a.m . in the morning and was in my house when I received a call from my men around 4 a.m.  alerting me of the presence of some armed invaders at the Government House.
Subscribe to our newsletter

“I drove to the place immediately and saw some persons numbering about 50 armed with machetes at the gate, trying to force their way into the premises. I ordered my men to move into action immediately and one of them was gunned down while three others were arrested.”
“The others threw away their machetes and escaped,” he said.
According to Ogarabe, items such as machetes, flags and insignia linked to a cult group were recovered from them.
According to Ogarabe  a member of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps suffered machete cuts while a military patrol vehicle was also attacked  in the  bid by the assailants  to force their way into the Government House.
Those arrested has been handed over to the New Haven Police Station.
Meanwhile residents within the vicinity confirmed the attack, as they also said that there were about 50 gunshots that was fired. A resident, who lives close to the  Government
Also the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Chukwudi Achife, confirmed the attack also said vigilant security personnel attached to the Government House Enugu early this morning foiled an armed attack on the Government House.”
Achife also added that; “the attack occurred when at about 4.30am when young men numbering about 50 and carrying machetes and cutlasses invaded the Government House and tried to force their way in.
“The attackers were immediately engaged by the security personnel who shot dead one person and arrested three. One security personnel was injured in the attack.”

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: