Gunmen killed six people in Riyom LGA of Plateau state in a fresh attack on innocent villagers.
About six men were ambushed and killed in the early hours of yesterday between Shonong and Badok villages of the Council.
One of the victims who escape the mayhem narrated that they were on the farm when a group of suspected men came and open fire instantly killing these six persons on the spot “he said, I manage to escape through the farm “.
Confirming the incident, the Chairperson of Riyom Local Government, Josephine Piyo made the disclosure in an interview with Journalists in Jos .
Piyo said, “The victims were on their way from Shonong to Badok village and were ambushed and killed by gunmen.
“I reported the incident to the Special Task force on Jos crisis, STF, I believe by now they should have gone there.’’ She added.
Meanwhile efforts to contact the Media Officer of the STF, Captain Ikedichi Iweha, proof abortive, at the time of filing this report.
However his counterpart, the Police Public Relation Officer of the State Command, DSP Abuh Emmanuel confirmed the attack in a telephone interview, but said he had no knowledge of number of casualties involved in the incident.
It would be recalled that 12 persons from four villages of the same LGA were attacked and killed by yet to be identified gunmen last week.
In a related development No fewer than twenty-six lives have been reported kill and properties destroyed in serial attacks on Berom extractions of Riyom local government areas of plateau state.
Report says the attacks suspected to have been perpetrated by the fulani herdsmen were simultaneously carried out on seven consecutive days between last Thursday, 2nd October to 10th October
The villages involved in the attacks include Law, Shonong, fang, Dum, Chenengye, Rakweng, Diyan, Rachi and sharubutu in Bachi District of Riyom local government area of plateau state.
Consequently, the national leadership of the Berom youth movement has condemned in strong terms the persistent and systematic attacks their people, describing it as an open declaration of war for no justifiable reasons.
In a press statement issued Friday by it National caretaker chairman, rwas Rwang Dalyop Dantong reveals that over one hundred houses were set ablaze in the attacks.
He said those killed in the attacks were mostly pregnant women and children, expressing worries that the insurgency is always linked to fulani herdsmen living with their communities.
He however called on government to intervene by posting good number of STF to the troubled zone to curd the menace.