Sequel to the general congress held on Sunday,16th November 2014, the following decisions were reached:
That the National Association of Itsekiri Graduates (NAIG), strongly condemn the way and manner in which President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has handled the Gas Industrial Revolution Park (GRIP) A.K.A EPZ Project Ground Breaking which has been postponed twice.
We wish to state that Mr. President may have given reason for people to believe the accusation that his administration is Anti-Itsekiri with the recent postponement of the Ground Breaking Ceremony of GRIP due to mere threat from his Ijaw kinsmen, or how else do you explain the temerity of civilians issuing threat to the Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of NIGERIA not to perform his constitutional duty and the President reneged in his duty.
We have also watched closely with disdain the actions of the Executive Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan over the past few years as regards his attitude concerning the EPZ project and other issues that borders on the survival and continuous existence of the Itsekiri ethnic Nationality. We are appalled that though he is an Itsekiri man, but since his assumption of office, the Itsekiri people has been marginalized and humiliated several times because of his moribund and docile attitude.
It is his behaviour that almost COST us a representative at the just concluded National Conference. We wish to state categorically that the Itsekiri Ethnic Nationality though a minority was among the few tribes that signed NIGERIA’s Amalgamation treaty.
We can say without fear or favour that Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan has failed us woefully, and in line with the Itsekiri Leaders of Thought, we are calling for his immediate resignation.
NAIG wish to also state that the current imbroglio surrounding the EPZ Ground Breaking Ceremony is a deliberate, calculated and evil attempt by our Ijaw neighbours to START another genocide/ethnic cleansing against the Itsekiri people whom they see as their obstacle to a Toru-Ebe State/Niger Delta Republic. It is in the light of the above therefore, that we are making the following declarations;
1. That Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan is hereby ex-communicated by NAIG from any of her activities and therefore expelled from this organization. This means his natural membership of the association has been withdrawn by the association.
2. We state categorically that all lands proposed for the Export Processing Zone are owned by Itsekiris, as settled judicially in Suit No, MCC/37/71: GODSPOWER OKOTUROH (of Ugborodo Itsekiri) vs. BURUTU (Ijaw) as belonging to Ugborodo people
3. NAIG condemn in strong terms the robbing, molestation and Kidnapping of 14 Journalists, 2 of our members and 4others by heavily armed militants headed by Chief Government Ekpemupolo A.K.A Tompolo at Oporaza community on their way from Ogidigben where a large protest took place to express the disdain Itsekiri are feeling towards the ethnic card being played by President Goodluck Jonathan over the EPZ project.
4. We are surprise that Chief Government Ekpemupolo is now the one giving orders to the Nigeria military in the coast of the Niger- Delta, thereby making our security system a rubber stamp security that is used at will by this militant head. This has made us understand why Boko- Haram is thriving in the North Eastern part of Nigeria.
5. Since the government protection can’t be relied upon any longer, we suggest that the government should create a level playing ground for all tribes in Nigeria irrespective of whether or not they are the tribe of the President to acquire arms. That is the only way there would be fairness. It is not when one tribe is encouraged, funded and allowed to amass weapons while others are disarmed.
6. Nigerians must wake up now. Otherwise we shall wake up one day and observe that the tribe of Mr President is already having more arms than the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
7. We unequivocally state that both Boko Haram and Militancy have a lot in common: both involve an ideology perceived to be superior. But involve illegal procurement of firearms by stolen commonwealth, including crude oil and bank robbery. Both involve support from top government officials. Both are illegal and involve the taking of human lives, the list is endless. Both ought to be treated as crimes. But one is tolerated, encouraged and rewarded why the other is not. We call for equality before the law!
8. NAIG will ground all economic activities in Warri Kingdom, if any part of our land is decimated annexed by the FG to appease the Ijaws in the EPZ project/if the ground breaking ceremony is not fixed as soon as possible.
9. We shall carry out our actions in phases in collaboration with the Itsekiri Leaders of Thoughts, Itsekiri National Youths Council (INYC), Itsekiri Chat Group (ICG), The National Association of Itsekiri Students (NAIS) and other well meaning groups that share our pain.
10. Our program STARTS from tomorrow 17th November,2014 with some ‘spiritual exercise of fasting and prayers, and consultation visits to HRM the Olu of Warri, Olu’s Palace at Ode-Itsekiri, Warri Royal Cemetery, HRM the Oba of Benin, HRM the Oni of Ife, HRM the Queen of England, UN, etc.
11. We shall be liaising with the President of INYC to carry a coordinated shut down of all oil wells, flow station, gas plant, etc in Warri Kingdom from Ugbege- Orere-Abiteye-Dibi-Olero-Otumara-EGTL-Egwa-Ugbodede-Omadino, should this oppression on Itsekiri continue.
12. We are calling on all Itsekiris worldwide via Ugbarajo Itsekiri USA, CANADA, UK, Ireland etc to put all machineries in place for this operation, should the President of the nation and his Ijaw kinsmen continue their assault against Itsekiri.
13. We also call on all Itsekiri home based community leaders to synergize with NAIG for this operation.
14. We hereby in conjunction with NAIS activate all organs of our body necessary for the survival of the Itsekiri Ethnic Nationality.
15. All our members worldwide are hereby notified of our program and this declaration means that YOUR services shall be needed anytime and as such should be ready.
16. We wish to state that we are no militants, hence all our approach shall be violent free and within the ambit of the laws of Nigeria as enshrined in the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, but we also know that “those that make peaceful change impossible will make violent change inevitable.
17. We call on the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to immediately fix a new date for the Ground Breaking of the Gas Industrial Revolution Park (GRIP) A.K.A EPZ Project at Ogidigben, in Warri South-West Local Government area.
For: NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ITSEKIRI GRADUATES
Comr. Alero Tenumah Comr. Toju Okpeyeaghan
National President General Secretary
Comr. Dennis Mene
Public Relations Officer