1. The slump of the Deputy Governor of Enugu State, Mr. Sunday Onyebuchi while testifying at the Enugu State Investigative Panel on the allegations of gross misconducts leveled on him by the Enugu State House of Assembly, ESHA, comes to us as a further proof of how the power drunkenness and impunities of one man- Governor Sullivan Chime and his kitchen cabinet are putting both life and peace at grave risk in Enugu State.
2. We, once more, deplore this abuse of power and wicked persecution that has now hung the life of the Deputy Governor on the balance under circumstances we find highly mysterious.
3. We condemn in the strongest terms the clear partisan attitudes of the Investigation Panel, especially its insistence, against medical advice, that the Deputy Governor be brought back to the hearing immediately, even in a wheelchair or stretcher. This unusual hurry of a panel that has a constitutional period of three months to complete its work further confirms that it is executing a 2015 script written in the Enugu State Government House.
4. We further condemn the continued secret trial of Mr. Sunday Onyebuchi by the Panel, which has barred the press from an impeachment hearing in a democratic society.
5. We however, warn Governor Sullivan Chime; his Chief of Staff and clanswoman, Ifeoma Nwobodo; and the Investigative Panel that the Deputy Governor must not die. We repeat, the Deputy Governor must not die, as this could be an outright invitation to anarchy in Enugu State.
6. We also believe it is better for President Goodluck Jonathan and the national leadership of the PDP to immediately call Governor Chime to order to forestall break down of law and order in the State.
Comrade Martin Okenwa
Issues this 14th day of August, 2014