The Executive Governor of Plateau state, Rt. Hon. (DR.) Simon Bako Lalong has presented staff of office to the Ponzhi O Tarok HRH,Lot Nden and HRH Alh Muhammad T. Asi all in Kadarko District of Wase Local Government Area of Plateau State on Tuesday charged them to continue to play a significant role in the peace, unity, progress and security of the State.
At the installation and presentation of staff of office to HRH. Lot Nden , as PONZHI KADARKO (2ND CLASS) & HRH. ALH. Muhammad T. ASI, as AKU-JUKUN of Mavo chiefdom (2ND CLASS) held on 30th MARCH 2021 at wase local government secretariat, WASE LGA.
- I am delighted to address you today on this historic occasion of the installation and presentation of 2nd Class Staffs of Office to their Royal Highnesses, Chief Lot Nden as Ponzhi Kadarko and Alh. Muhammad Asi Tafida as the Aku-Jukun of Mavo Chiefdom.
- Indeed this is an event that has been long awaited and affords us an opportunity to share in the rich history and culture of the people of these two Chiefdoms as well as reflect on their contributions to the development of Plateau State.
- You will recall I promised from inception that my Administration will look into the demands for restoration and creation of Chiefdoms, Districts, Village Areas as well as a review of salaries and welfare packages for traditional rulers in the State.
- We are indeed grateful to God that we are alive to see the fulfilment of this promise to the glory of God Almighty. This historic occasion is therefore in line with the Rescue Administration’s three point policy thrust of Peace, Security and Good Governance; Physical Infrastructural Development; and Sustainable Economic Rebirth.
- I therefore congratulate the two Chiefs and members of their Traditional Councils and the entire people of their Chiefdoms on this well-deserved installation and presentation of Second Class Staffs of Office.
- Beyond the jubilation and pageantry, Your Royal Highnesses must bear in mind the fact that this honour is a huge burden that you must discharge with diligence, honesty, justice and the fear of God. As custodians of the culture and tradition of your people, I expect you to uphold the highest virtues of decency, morality as well as be a unifying factor for all the people residing in your domain.
- With the Staffs of Office in your hands, you cease to be champions of one particular clan, tribe, denomination or religion. You are fathers to all that reside in your domains irrespective of where they come from.
- Always remember that the traditional institution has played and will continue to play a significant role in the peace, unity, progress and security of Plateau State. These are the virtues we expect you to promote and uphold as we consolidate on the peaceful ambience we have worked hard to restore which is bringing back Plateau to its place as the Home of Peace and Tourism.
- We cannot afford to go back to the dark days of violence and insecurity. I have since read the riot act to all community leaders and traditional rulers to fully cooperate with relevant government establishments, security agencies and other stakeholders in fishing out criminals within their domains.
- In line with this order, any community leader or traditional ruler who is unable to assist security agencies towards arresting criminals within his domain will be held to account.
Similarly, let me warn that any traditional ruler who is found to be promoting ethno-religious hatred, injustice, disharmony or shielding criminals will not only be dethroned, but will be made to face the laws of the land.
- Our people deserve nothing but the best which is why we have come up with many programmes to empower them with skills for wealth creation and poverty eradication. We count on you to assist in mobilizing them and explaining to them these programmes and initiatives of government so they can key into them and benefit.
- We have many programmes under the Plateau State Microfinance Development Agency (PLASMIDA) which are geared towards empowering the youths and women. Encourage your people to participate and create jobs instead of looking for non-existent white collar jobs.
- We shall continue to provide necessary infrastructure and amenities in your domain just as we are doing in various parts of the State in roads, schools, hospitals and others under our Legacy Projects. Our goal is to ensure that we leave behind lasting legacies that will benefit this generation and the generation to come.
- Let me also use this opportunity to ask the traditional rulers to join in the advocacy and awareness against COVID-19. As we continue to fight the pandemic, we need your support towards enlightening our people especially now that we have commenced vaccination. You need to join us in dispelling conspiracy theories about the vaccine and sensitizing the people on observing COVID-19 protocols.
- To the citizens of Kadarko and Mavo Chiefdoms, I urge you to cooperate and support Their Royal Highnesses so as to create the enabling environment for them to provide purposeful leadership for development.
- Once more I congratulate your Royal Highnesses and wish you prosperous and blessed tenures.
- God bless Kadarko and Mavo Chiefdoms, God bless Plateau State.