Fresh pandemonium in Jos, on Monday at the University of Jos, Naraguta community, as suspected Muslim youths chopped off a lady’s finger between the fences when they encroached for land grabbing.
The quick intervention by the Nigeria Police Force at the scene of the incident prevented the crisis from expanding to Naraguta campus but left them counting their loss.
However, the students of the University of Jos were scrabbling for their safety but the security quickly arrested two young guys by name Zakariya and Yusuf while attempting to cause confusion.
Miss Midida Jabani in the department of special education 400level, whose finger was chopped off cried and wailed in pain by calling out to the federal and state government to deploy more security means to safeguard the vulnerable students of the University of Jos.
The attacks on the university had already sent the Muslim youths in the area wild as tension still remain high.
The Chairman of Plateau Youth Council, PYC, Barr Chris condemned the attack as barbaric, saying the state government should introduce anti land grabbing law to stop the menace before escalating.
Meanwhile, following the breakdown of Law and order in regards to the Land grabbers of the University of Jos land fencing in Naraguta community, the stakeholder meeting held behind close door had enumerated issues for resolving the impasse.
The Management Committee Chairman of Jos North Local Government Council Shehu Bala Usman called for the emergency security meeting on saturday 22nd February 2020 with top Government functionaries and key players. the Secretary to the Government of State Prof Danladi Atu, The vice Chancellor University of Jos Professor Sabastian Sedi Maimako, Hon Commissioner for Transport, Hon Commissioner for special duties, Permanent secretary on security, Security Chiefs, District head of Rigiza, Naraguta Community Leader, Stakeholders from both Naraguta and Rigiza, where all in attendance
The following resolutions were considered;
- White paper advisory and implementation Committee shall be put in place.
- Fencing of the University land to serve as a measure to safeguard and further prevent encroachment.
- The availability of Security personnel for any breakdown of law and order.
- Illegal structures would be demolished.
- The University should not tamper with the ancient community worship center.
- The Anaguta and Naraguta Community leader’s shall convey same and caution Youths from taking the law into their hands.
- Finally the general public is advised to adhere strictly to the rules.