The Plateau State Police Command ,CP Isaac Akinmoyede psc, fdc, mnim has recorded breakthrough in the arrest of some criminal elements that are bent on making the job of policing on the Plateau difficult and ensuring that some law abiding residents of the state experience pain and anguish.
He made this disclosure on Wednesday at the command headquarters in Jos ,while parading syndicates of those miscreants within Jos and its environs .
According to him their arrest led to the recovery of arms, ammunition and other unlawful implements that aid them in their unlawful trade.
He stated some of the achievements of the Command include;
- Arrest of One Suspect and Recovery of Firearms: On 22/02/2020 at about 0100hrs while acting on a credible intelligence, Police operatives attached to Nasarawa Gwong Division arrested one notorious armed robber Abdulsalam Adams ‘m’ of Gadan Sogai at Congo Area of Jos North LGA of Plateau State. When search was conducted on his residence, one locally made pistol hidden under a motorcycle was recovered. Meanwhile, two of his gang members namely: Ishaq and Khalid all of Congo Area whose surnames are not yet known escaped before the arrival of the Police operatives. During interrogation, the suspect confessed that the locally made pistol and motorcycle belong to Ishaq, one of the suspects on the run. Investigation is in progress while effort is being intensified to arrest the fleeing suspects.
- Arrest of one Armed Robbery Suspect: On 28/02/2020 at about 2120hrs, operatives of the Anti-kidnapping Unit (AKU) of the Command received a distress call while on routine vehicular patrol that one Uche Evangeline ‘f’ of Lamingo area and Manya Gabriela ‘f’ of Tina Junction area of Jos were robbed at Dogon Karfe. On receiving the information, the operatives of AKU immediately raced to the the scene of crime. On arrival they discovered that the hoodlums had already escaped from the scene.
The operatives went after the suspects and arrested one Gabriel Emmanuel ‘m’, aged 38years in a Black colour Golf 3 Saloon car with Reg. No. BM 687 KUJ. When search was conducted on the suspect, items belonging to the victims were recovered inside his vehicle. He is assisting the police in order to apprehend other members of his gang on the run. He will be charged to court soon.
- Arrest of Suspected Kidnappers: On 19/02/2020 at about 0115hrs a distress call was received from a good Samaritan by the Anti-Kidnapping Unit that a four-man gang that specialize in kidnapping forcefully invaded the residence of one Ladi Gwani ‘f’ of Rayfied Jos on 19/02/2020 at about 0115hrs and attempted kidnapping her daughter one Jumima Gwani ‘f’ aged 4years but met some resistance and ran away. The operatives of Anti-kidnapping Unit in collaboration with Operation Puff Adder of the Command immediately embarked on hunt of the hoodlums.
The investigation yielded result with the arrest of the following suspects:- Joseph Dawenn, ‘m’, 19 years, Samuel Vidap Mangs, ‘m’, aged 25 years, Bamshak Mark ‘m’ aged 24 years, and David James ‘m’, aged 19 years all of Favwei Area of Jos South LGA of Plateau State. Exhibits recovered from the suspects include, three (3) pairs of Pliers, two (2) Knives and a Machete.
The suspects will be charged to court as soon as investigation is completed.
- Arrest of a Suspect in a Case of Cultism and Illegal Possession of Fire Arms: On 01/03/2020 at about 0021hrs in the spirit of Community Policing, the Police operatives of the ‘A’ Division and members of Vigilante Group of Nigeria (VGN), Jenta Adamu in Jos North LGA embarked on a joint patrol. While on patrol, they arrested a known cultist and drug dealer one David Timothy ‘m’ aged 18 years of Jenta Adamu with one locally made Pistol and one live cartridge, some wraps of leaves suspected to be Indian Hemp and some illicit drugs.
Efforts are on to arrest some of his cult members with a view to prosecuting them.
- Criminal Conspiracy and Rape: On 05/03/2020 at about 0100hrs one Philibus Ibrahim ‘m’ of Kwahas Lahir, Mangu reported at Mangu Divisional Headquarters that one Sadiq Abubakar ‘m’ and one Seplang Lanle ‘f’ of the same address criminally conspired, lured his daughter (name withheld) aged 15years to Crystal Palace lodge, Mangu and raped her. The suspects were arrested by the Police and will be charged to court as soon as investigation is completed.
- Arrest of two (2) Suspects in a Case of Defilement: On 08/03/2020 at about 0900hrs, a case of defilement was reported at Laranto Division by one Bashir Shaibu ‘m’ of Shagari Corner, Jos against one Isah Abudullahi ‘m’ of Behind Islamic School, Bauchi Road, Jos aged 27 who defile his daughter (name withheld) of 6 years old. The suspect was arrested and victim was taken to hospital for medical examination.
The suspect will be charge to court as soon as investigation is completed.
Similarly, on 13/03/2020 at about 1100hrs one Beatrice Dabit ‘f’ of Dahwol area, Jos reported at Anglo-Jos Division that she discovered that her granddaughter, aged 4 years was defiled by one Isaac Boniface ‘m’ of the same address aged 20 years. On receipt of the report the suspect was arrested and on interrogation, he confessed to the act. Both suspect and victim were taken to the hospitals for medical examination. The suspect will soon be arraigned in court.
- Criminal Trespass and Defilement: On 02/03/2020 at about 1000hrs while acting on a report that one
Abdullaziz Salisu ‘m’ of Angware, Jos East LGA criminally trespassed into the house of one Azong Auta of the same address and forcefully had carnal knowledge of her daughter (name with held), aged 10 years, Policemen attached to Angware Divisional Headquarters swung into action and arrested the suspect while the victim was taken to the hospital for doctor’s examination. Investigation is still on going.
- Criminal Conspiracy, Culpable Homicide and Armed Robbery: On 09/01/2020 at about 0115hrs one Umar Sa’idu ‘m’ of Angwan Rogo Jos went to the Angwan Rogo Police Division and reported that five (5) unknown gunmen invaded his parent’s house, killed his brother, one Adamu Ahmadu ‘m’ aged, 30 years carted away four (4) handsets and other valuables. In the course of investigation, the Police arrested one Hassan Hudu alias Constable ‘m’ aged 25 years of Yelwa Community Laranto, Jos in connection with the crime.
When search was conducted in the house of the suspect, one locally made Pistol, one live cartridge, three sharp knives, two swords and three sharp scissors were recovered. During interrogation, he (the suspect) confessed that the pistol belongs to one of his gang members named, Usman Bala ‘m’ of Angwan Rogo who is still at large. When search was carried out at the house of the fleeing suspect, items which include one electric kettle, one speaker stand and one radio player suspected to have been stolen from the scene of the crime were recovered. Further investigation led to the arrest of one Bala Iliyasu ‘m’ aged 62 years and Salamatu Ismail ‘f’ aged 57 years all of Angwan Rogo. Meanwhile, efforts are on to arrest the evasive suspect on the run.
- Criminal Conspiracy, Armed Robbery and Belonging to Unlawful Society: On 4/01/2020 at about 2000hrs, the ‘A’ Division Police Patrol Team received a distress call that one Mohammed Nasiru and one Umar Hassan both of different addresses in Jos city were robbed at gun point of two iphones, one HTC phone, one Tecno Phone and a wallet containing the sum of one thousand and six hundred naira (N1,600:00) along Panyam Street, Jos by a three man armed robbery gang who operated in a tricycle. After the receipt of the information, the patrol team swiftly drove to the scene of the crime. On reaching the scene, the Police were able to rescue two of the suspects namely; Stanley Eyong and Hamisu Babaji from the angry mob while the other suspect, James Joseph alias Gatuso was killed before the arrival of the Police. One locally made gun and one burnt tricycle with REG. NO.AWN 36 VK were recovered from the scene. The case is under investigation the two suspects shall be charged to court soon.
- Arrest of Three (3) Suspects in a Case of Culpable Homicide: On 20/02/2020 at about 2130hrs, one Andrew Gwana ‘m’ of Alahom village of Mangu LGA came to the Divisional Police Headquarters in Mangu and reported that on the same date at about 2000hrs, unknown gunmen invaded the house of one Wetle Gwana ‘m’ aged 63 years at Alahon village, shot and killed him. The gunmen also assaulted his son one Panmun Wetle ‘m’ aged 24 years. In view of the complaint, Police operatives of the Division launched a manhunt of the marauders and the following persons namely; Dio’o Yusuf ‘m’ of Alohom village, one Umar Adams ‘m’ of Derkong and one Janatu Ahmed ‘m’ Kwahas Lahir all of Mangu LGA were arrested. Suspects will be charged to court as soon as investigation is completed.
- Unlawful Possession of Fire Arm, Unlawful Fabrication of Fire Arms and Cheating: On 03/03/2020 at about 1402hrs, one Shamsudeen Mohammed Hamza and two others all male of Bokkos town came to Bokkos Divisional Police Headquarters and reported that one Isa ‘m’ of Richa village of Bokkos LGA deceitf ully collected two million naira (#2,000,000) from them with the promise of giving them ‘mercury’ which they will use in producing ‘American Dollars’. They also informed the Police that the said Isa (the suspect) used the mercury to produce one hundred dollar bill in their presence which convinced them to give him the money. After the money was given to him, the two buckets of liquid substance claiming to be mercury was handed over to them. On the strength of the information, the suspect was arrested by a team of operatives from Bokkos Division and when he was searched, one locally made pistol and fake five hundred dollar bills were recovered in his bag. The suspect during interrogation confessed that the said pistol belongs to one Yahaya Ahmadu ‘m’ of the same village that specialized in fabricating guns. Further efforts led to the arrest of the said Yahaya. The following exhibits were recovered when his premises was searched; two (2) cartridges, two (2) fabricated triggers, rifle butt and tool box.
Suspects will be charged to court as soon as investigation is completed.
- Arrest of a Suspect in a case of Armed Robbery: On 24/01/2020 at about 2330hrs, one Chukwu Emeka and David Thomas both male of D.B Zang Jos South LGA reported at B Division Police station Bukuru Jos that on the same date at about 2000hrs unidentified armed persons numbering about four attacked them in their house at the above mentioned address. That the armed men robbed them at gun point and made away with their vehicle one Toyota Sienna with REG NO SHD 826 HY Plateau State, chassis number 4t32F1C53U549508 valued one million one hundred thousand naira only (#1,100,000) and other valuables. On receipt of the report, investigation commenced immediately which led to the arrest of one John Ezeugo ‘m’ of Farin Gada Jos in connection with the case and the stolen vehicle was recovered from the suspect. During search, a locally fabricated pump action, Revolver Pistol, three rounds of 9mm ammunition, one live 7.65 ammunition, one live cartridge, one apple ipad, Samsung Galaxy S9 phone, gold plated wrist watch, one 32 inches television, stero set, Heavy duty digging rod and bugglary implement were recovered
Investigation is on to arrest the other fleeing members of the gang.
- Arrest of a Suspect in a case of Criminal Conspiracy and Armed Robbery: On 04/03/2020 at about 1800hrs acting on credible intelligence, the operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) Plateau State Command arrested a notorious armed robbery named Jude Chinedu ‘m’ of Angwan Rukuba Jos North LGA who specialises in car snatching and armed robbery. He was arrested in connection with the murder of one Dr Patrick Onumah, a lecturer with the University of Jos. During interrogation the suspect confessed that on 11/01/2020 at about 2100hrs, he led members of his gang to the victim’s residence at Rock Haven area of Jos where they shot and killed their victim. They then made away with his Toyota Tundra Jeep valued at sixteen million naira only (#16,000,000) and a Samsung A7 phone valued at one hundred and twenty thousand naira only (#120,000). The suspect further disclosed that the stolen vehicle was sold to one Abdullahi surname not yet known ‘m’ of Yola, Adamawa State.
Investigation is in progress with a view to arresting the suspects fingered in the case.
I want to passionately call on the peace loving residents of Plateau State to continue giving us timely information in order to nip crime in the bud or arrest the criminal elements among them.
On our part, I promise that the Command under my watch shall do everything possible to reduce crime in Plateau State to its barest minimum.
I want to recognize the sacrifice of members of the fourth estate of the realm towards making our society better and safer. I urge you to crosscheck your facts so that your stories will be balanced and unbiased. On our part, I assure you that we shall cooperate with you to enable you beat time lines and give out information that is complete and comprehensive which is fair to all concern.