The attention of the Comptroller General of Immigration Service (CGIS) , David Shikfu Parradang, OFR, mni has been drawn to a statement allegedly credited to the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressive Congress (APC) that a verbal directive has been given to the operatives of the Customs and Immigration Services to withdraw from the border posts in Kebbi and Katsina States.
2. In the said report, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Alhaji Lai Mohammed was quoted as saying that a verbal directive has been given to the security operatives of the Customs and Immigration to vacate their duty posts on the borderlines across Kebbi and Katsina states.
3. The CGIS wish to emphatically state that there is no such circular or directive given to the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) nor its personnel at Kebbi and Katsina State Commands. On the contrary, the NIS is reinforcing its borders and not contemplating abandoning same for a second.
4. The Nigeria Immigration Service and indeed other security agencies understand the grave consequences of abandoning the nation’s frontlines and so would never attempt to do so.
5. Members of the public are hereby enjoined to disregard and ignore such reports and further advised to give any useful information to ensure the security of our borders and the wellbeing of all Nigerians.
6. The Comptroller General wishes to use this medium to assure the public that our officers and men are on 24/7 patrol and surveillance across all the nation’s borders.
Chukwuemeka Obua (ACI) Service
Public Relations Officer
For: Comptroller General of Immigration Service