The Nigeria’s Defence Headquarters ,DHQ has confirmed that 14 persons died while 39 others got injured in Thursday’s multiple explosions in Maiduguri, which it said it was carried out by 4 suicide bombers who were also killed in the attack.
In a statement issued by the DHQ through its twitter handle said the 4 suicide bombers were involved in the explosions.
According the Defence Headquarters in its handle @DefenceInfo said; “So far, it has been confirmed that 14 people have lost their lives including the suicide bombers, while 39 people were wounded. The wounded have been evacuated to hospital for treatment.
“This is to confirm that there were bomb explosions at Sajeri near Ajilari Railway Crossing in Maiduguri . Troops, security and emergency management agencies have been mobilized to the location.
“Although details are still sketchy, suffice to state that 4 Boko Haram terrorists suicide bombers detonated their vests simultaneously. Three of the terrorists in the same area and the fourth detonated in front of a mosque.
“Residents of the affected areas should remain calm and security conscious as everything necessary is being done to secure their lives and properties.
“Bomb explosions at Sajeri in Maiduguri. Emergency management agencies have been mobilized to the location.”