The Names of the Nominees And Their Local Government Origins
- Bulus Bot -Barki Ladi
- Ezekiel Duk -Bassa
- Mrs. Anna Izang Jos North
- Alh. Mohammed Nazifi -Jos North
- Pam Bot – Mang Jos South
- Mrs. Weli tamwakat – Kanke
- Jafaru Wuyeb -Langtang North
- Dayyabu Garga -Kanam
- Dr. Hosea Istiphanus Finangwai – Kanam
- Hon Hitler Danjuma Dadi – Langtang
- David Jafaru Wuyeb-Langtang
- Usman Yakubu idi – Mangu
- Mr. Daku Jude eli-Mangu
- Dr. Mrs Regina B. Soemlat – Pankshin
- Hon Victor Lapang – Qua’anpan
- Mrs. Elizabeth Wapmuk – Qua’anpan
- Mr. Dan Manjang – Riyom
- Barr Velnoe Festus fuater-Shamdam
- Alh. Abdullah Garba Abbas-Wase
The Nominees will be screened and confirmed by the State Assembly next Tuesday 27th February, 2018.
It would be recalled that barely a week after he dissolved the entire cabinet, Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State on Tuesday forwarded three names to the State House of Assembly for confirmation as commissioners.
Among those nominated is Yakubu Datti who served as information commissioner under one of Mr. Lalong’s predecessors, Joshua Dariye.
Others are Luka Madaki and Chris Ahmadu.
Speaker Peter Azi, who read out the names to his colleagues during plenary on Tuesday in Jos, said that the governor’s communication was in accordance with section 195 of the 1999 constitution as amended.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the lawmakers later agreed to screen the nominees on February 14.
Mr. Lalong had dissolved the entire cabinet on February 8 and thanked the 17 commissioners for their contributions to his administration.