COVID-19 Lockdown To Be Relaxed Midnight Of Every Thursday Till Sunday Midnight When Lockdown Resume, Says Plateau Govt
Further to the Statewide broadcast by Plateau State Governor Rt. Hon. (Dr) Simon Bako Lalong where he announced the pattern for the total lockdown of the State and its relaxation in the fight against COVID-19, it is important to reiterate the following.
- That the total lockdown shall be relaxed Midnight of every Thursday till Sunday midnight when it will resume. This pattern will apply until further review.
- That inter-Local Government movement is restricted except for people on essential services.
- All borders into the State shall remain closed except for essential services that have been exempted.
- That the curfew announced by the Federal Government from 8pm to 6am will be in force during the period when the total lockdown is relaxed.
- That the mandatory use of face masks in public places shall be observed and enforced.
- That the requirements for use of sanitizers, hand washing, sanitation and hygiene shall continue to apply.
- That all places of worship must adhere strictly to the gathering of not more than 50 persons while observing laid down regulations for sanitation and social distancing.
- That all other directives regarding closure of social joints, ban on festivals and anniversaries, street hawking and transport regulations remain in force.
Dr. Makut Simon Macham, ANIPR
Director of Press & Public Affairs to the Governor of Plateau State.
7th May 2020.