Loading...
You are here:  Home  >  News  >  Current Article

Breaking: NTA Jos Zonal Station Gutted By Fire, Eight Offices Destroyed By Yakubu Busari, Jos

By   /  February 4, 2015  /  No Comments

    Print       Email
The Management of the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, Jos has confirmed the burning down of eight offices by wild electric defaulter which occurred at  about 1o’clock pm of Wednesday.
Some vital sections of the Jos Zonal Office of the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) have also been destroyed by fire.
The Marketing and Finance departments as well as the offices of Assistant Director (News) and Assistant Director (Programmes) were affected by the fire which started by in the morning, and took  Wednesday and took about 30 minutes to be brought under control.
Chaotic traffic situation in parts of the Jos capital city accounted for the  long time in putting out the fire as it took officials of the Plateau State fire service 25 minutes to reach the NTA office close to the Secretariat Junction from the fire service station near the Jumat Central Mosque, a journey that would normally not take more than 10 minutes.
Duty officer of the fire service, Dawang Patrick, said his men who responded to a distress call from the NTA, arrived the scene about 3.20 pm and that it took them more than two water tanks of the fire service to put out the fire.
Our Correspondent observed that a water tanker belonging to PW Ltd also helped with water, as the tanker was driving out when some media men arrive the scene.
No member of the management of the zonal office could be reached for comment at the time of filing this report as the Zonal director, Gloria Toba had traveled out earlier in the day and the officer standing in for her, Elizabeth Ndobokho was said to be still too traumatized to speak to the press.
The Vice Chairman ,Nigerian Union of Journalists Plateau state Council ,, Mr Benjamin Metu said, the fire inferno which lasted for over three to four hours destroyed eight offices including ,marketing ,accounting and other departments respectively.

He said; “we suspect that the fire start from electrical fault from wires connection when light was restore to the building and spark off the fire.”

    Print       Email
  • Published: 4 years ago on February 4, 2015
  • By:
  • Last Modified: May 7, 2015 @ 4:12 pm
  • Filed Under: News

Leave a Reply

You might also like...

Fake News Aggravated Recent National Assembly Crisis – Minister

Read More →
%d bloggers like this: