Plateau PDP Group Condemns Worsening Insecurity In Plateau
PDP’s Greater Together group’s National Chairman, Hon. Sunday Niagwan, and Secretary Hon. Pam Gyang has condemned the worsening insecurity bedeviling citizens of Plateau State and the nation which led to loss of lives and property.
See The Communique Below:
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE GREATER TOGETHER NETWORK STATE COORDINATING COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 20TH JUNE, 2018 AT HOTEL RON-ICON, RAYFIELD, JOS PLATEAU STATE.
After deliberations bordering on strengthening the Greater Together Network, the Peoples Democratic Party and the state of the nation, the following resolutions were arrived at:
- Council appreciates the untiring and selfless efforts of the D. T Sango led PDP Exco in Plateau State and believes in its capacity to lead the party to victory in the 2019 general elections.
- Council condemns in strong terms the worsening security situation in Plateau State and the Nation at large; the silence of the Lalong led government and the seeming complicity of the APC led Federal government over the incessant killings of innocent Nigerians.
- Council commends and appreciates governments efforts at fighting corruption but fawns at the consistent disregard for the rule of law and our constitution by law enforcement agencies. On this not we condemn the illegal detention and violation of the fundamental rights of Distinguish Senator Jonah David Jang.
- Council notes with deep concern the truncating of the Democratic process at the Local Government level in Plateau State by the APC led government and calls for the immediate conduct of local government elections in the state.
- Council commends the passage of the Not To Young To Run Bill into law and commends Hon. Tony Nwulu, the sponsor of the Bill, who is a member of the PDP. Council proudly notes that the Act is a reflection of the ideals of the Greater Together Network and urges the PDP at all levels to provide incentives to the young and people living with disabilities to enable them seek elective offices.
- Council is alarmed at the high number of unclaimed Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) in the Plateau State and charges stakeholders to rise up to the challenge and embark on mass sensitization of citizens in order to remedy the sad situation.
- Council resolved that the Greater Together Network Congress meeting will hold on the 11th of July, 2018.